The Best Way to Set Up a Video Library on a Web Site
Setting Up The Video Library on Wordpress
- 1). Log in to your Wordpress blog using the URL given to you on the Wordpress home page, after creating your blog. If you cannot find your login page, try your blog's URL followed immediately by "/wp-login.php".
- 2). Navigate to "Upgrades" on the right tool bar, and click on "Learn More" under the "VideoPress" upgrade.
- 3). Purchase the VideoPress upgrade. Wordpress offers a 30-day refund period if you are not satisfied with VideoPress.
- 4). Begin uploading videos to your Wordpress blog by using VideoPress's upload feature.
- 5). Insert videos into your blog posts using the visual editor on the "New Post" editing screen. The videos will be formatted to meet the width of your theme's columns, and will appear in reverse chronological order just like any blog.
Setting Up The Video Library using Video Desk
- 1). Sign up for an account at Video Desk.
- 2). From you account page, click "Webmaster Tools," "Manage Playlists" and "Create Playlist."
- 3). Click the "+" symbol at the bottom of the "My Playlist" page. Navigate to the folder on your hard drive that contains your videos. Choose the videos that you want to be on your website. Be sure that all videos are the same file type, such as Flash or Windows Media Video. Click "Save Playlist" when you are satisfied with the videos.
- 4). Click "Embed Code" on the left side of the website. Copy this code, and paste it into the HTML of your website in the section that you want it to appear.
- 5). Navigate through the videos in the playlist by clicking on their respective thumbnails.